The Supastop rugs and combos are by far the most popular in our summer rug range. They are made from an extremely strong polyester fabric that has the feel of cotton, and it features a diamond rip grid that is up to 30% stronger than other rip-stop materials on the market.
- Satin lined mane & shoulders
- Shoulder Gussets
- Generous 1 metre drop
- Cotton leg straps with metal snaps
- Large Tail Flap
- Rump darts for a contoured fit
- Fully Bound
- Machine washable - quick drying
A matching Tail Bag is also available for separate purchase.
All Zilco rugs are based on tried and proven patterns, based on International sizing. When choosing a Zilco rug, you must consider the measurement of the horse in relation to the size of rug it needs. This is important to ensure an optimal fit, comfort, and for ease of movement.
Before choosing a rug from the Zilco range, we recommend that the horse be measured from (A) the centre of the horse's chest, over the high point of the shoulder and then to (B) the rear of the hind leg. For the best performance, ensure the rug is the right size for your horse. Rugs should be positioned well forward and fastened firmly in order to prevent the rug from slipping out of place.
|Height of Horse||Rug Size
| Rug Size
9 Hands & Under
We pride ourselves on the fact that our rug patterns produce a great fit on a huge variety of horse shapes and sizes, however even the best design available will not give the best results if it is fitted incorrectly.
- Place the rug forward and in front of the wither. The chest buckle should be fastened to the 1st or 2nd hole. Any further back than this, and the horse may need a larger size.
- Make sure the rug fits firmly around the neck and chest. This prevents the rug from "rolling" and slipping out of place
- Leg straps should be looped around each other, and loose enough to prevent chafing - but not so loose that they hang down anywhere near the horse's hock
- To prevent mane rub, clean the satin lining on the neck rug (where applicable) once a week, and spray the mane with a conditioner or detangler
- Leg strap clips should face inwards (towards the horse) to reduce the chance of catching on fences or other hazards