Equitak® Excel Oral 3 in 1 Wormer for Horses
Equitak Excel Oral 3 in 1 Wormer for horses contains 3 active ingredients in a 30g tube.
Each gram contains
- 4.0mg Abamectin,
- 50.0mg Praziquantel and
- 200.0mg Oxfendazole.
Abamectin stimulates the release of the neurotransmitter GABA in roundworms, which increases the membrane permeability of neurons to chloride ions. Normal neural transmission is thus inhibited causing paralysis and death of the parasite.
Praziquantel affects the attachment of tapeworms to the host tissues by causing spastic paralysis. It also damages the tegument and as a result increases the permeability of the membrane to certain cations. The tapeworms are then destroyed in situ.
Oxfendazole destroys Abamectin resistant Parascaris equorum by inhibiting tubulin synthesis in the parasite, which then causes death by starvation.
Equitak Excel is for the treatment and control of all roundworms, tapeworms and bots, abamectin resistant worms, Parascaris equorum, and benzimadazole resistant small strongyles in horses. This will include the following parasites:
- Roundworms: Ascarids; Parascaris equorum (mature and immature)
- Small strongyles: Cyathostomum spp., Gyalocephalus spp., Cylicostephanus spp., Cylicocyclus spp. (mature and immature) including Benzimidazole resistant strains.
- Large strongyles: Strongylus vulgaris (mature and arterial larval stages), Strongylus edentatus (mature and tissue stages), Strongylus equinus (mature), Triodontophorus spp. (mature).
- Large mouth stomach worms: Habronema spp.(mature).
- Hairworms: Trichostrongylus axei (mature). Intestinal Threadworms: Strongyloides westeri (mature).
- Pinworms: Oxyuris equi (adult and immature).
- Lungworms: Dictyocaulus arnfieldi (mature and immature).
- Tapeworms: Anoplocephala perfoliata (mature and immature) (scoleces and segments).
- Bots: Gastrophilus spp.(oral and gastric stages).
- Also skin lesions caused by the cutaneous larvae of Habronema and Draschia spp. (Summer sores).
WITHHOLDING PERIOD: (HORSES): DO NOT USE less than 28 days before slaughter for human consumption.
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION: For oral use only. General Dose Rate - 1 gram of Equitak Excel Paste per 20kg bodyweight is equivalent to Abamectin 0.2mg, Praziquantel 2.5mg and Oxfendazole 10mg per kg bodyweight.
Equitak Excel is safe to use in all classes and types of horses. This includes foals, breeding mares and stallions, pregnant mares (at all stages of pregnancy) and lactating mares.
Set the correct dose rate by turning the plunger lock. Remove cap from syringe nozzle and insert into the side of the horse’s mouth, in the gap between the front and back teeth. Advance the syringe as far as possible into the mouth, on top of the tongue and press the plunger completely to give the measured dose. Deposit the paste onto the rear of the tongue and immediately raise the horse’s head and hold for a few seconds to ensure the full dose is swallowed.