Cal Plus With Biotin for Horses
Starting at $52.50 $58.95
Cal Plus with Biotin Horse Supplement
CAL-PLUS WITH BIOTIN is a palatable supplement formulated to supply essential calcium, biotin, vitamin A and D to the diet of all horses. Daily supplementation with CAL-PLUS WITH BIOTIN will help with the development and maintenance of a strong musculo-skeletal system, including the hoof. The result is resilient hooves, muscle and bone.
Cal Plus with Biotin
Cal Plus with Biotin is a balanced horse supplement to assist with the development and maintenance of a strong musculo-skeletal system, including the hoof.
8 Reasons to use Cal Plus with Biotin
1. Cal Plus with Biotin contains 3 forms of Calcium and important co-factors.
• The three forms of calcium provided in CAL-PLUS WITH
BIOTIN promote maximum calcium absorption.
• CAL-PLUS WITH BIOTIN also contains additional trace
minerals and vitamins A and D, essential for calcium uptake
and bone strengthening.
2. CALCIUM:PHOSPHORUS RATIO
• Grain based horse diets are commonly low and imbalanced
in calcium relative to phosphorus.
• Calcium and phosphorus are necessary for normal bone
development. CAL-PLUS WITH BIOTIN contains three types
of calcium to ensure that an optimal calcium:phosphorus
ratio is maintained.
3. THE COMBINATION OF CALCIUM WITH BIOTIN
IMPROVES HOOF QUALITY
• The B-complex vitamin biotin can help improve the growth rate
and quality of the hoof wall and sole. Daily supplementation
can assist with growing out cracks or splits and improving
strength and resilience of the hoof wall.
• While biotin is beneficial in correcting loss of structure on
the outside layers of the hoof wall, calcium is required for the
formation of cells in the inner two layers of the hoof wall.
Calcium is bound with protein in the cell wall and strengthens
cell linkage. It is also required for the formation of new cell
tissue, which is vital for the growth and internal body of the
4. SUB-TROPICAL GRASSES BIND CALCIUM
• Sub-tropical grasses such as pangola, kikuyu, buffalo, green
panic, para or setania contain high oxalate levels which bind
calcium, making it unavailable for horses. Any horse fed
hay or pasture from the grasses should receive a calcium
supplement like CAL-PLUS WITH BIOTIN.
5. AIDS IN THE PREVENTION OF BONE DISORDERS
• CAL-PLUS WITH BIOTIN prevents bone disorders developing
in horses grazing tropical grass pastures that have reduced
6. AIDS IN THE PREVENTION OF SHIN SORENESS
AND JOINT INJURIES DURING TRAINING
• Horses in work or training require a readily available sourceof
calcium to ensure optimal bone health and development.
7. PROMOTES HEALTHY BONE AND MUSCULAR
GROWTH IN YOUNG ANIMALS
• Growth abnormalities, shin soreness, bone and joint
weaknesses can result from inadequate intake of calcium in
young and growing horses.
8. PALATABLE VANILLA FLAVOUR
• The vanilla flavoured base is palatable to horses and unlikely
to be sifted out of feeds.
Each 60g dose contains:
|Calcium 20.1g||Zinc 96mg||Biotin 15mg|
|Phosphorous 2.5g||Manganese 37mg||Retinol (Vit. A)5.4mg|
|Magnesium 300μg||Iron 66mg||Cholecalciferol(Vit D3) 300μg|
RECOMMENDED DAILY DOSE
BREEDING HORSES (450-500KG):
|Stallions at stud||60g|
|Stallions at stud (stabled on grain rations)||90g|
|Stallions (off season)||30g|
|Pregnant mares (2-8 months of pregnancy)||45g|
|Pregnant mares (last 3 months of pregnancy)||60g|
|Lactating mares (first 3 months)||90g|
|Lactating mares (3 months to weaning)||75g|
|Foals (creep feeding)||30g|
|Weanlings (6 months)||60g|
|Yearlings (12 months)||60g|
|Growing horses (18 months - 2 years, non racing)||45g|
Note: • Ponies (mature weight 225kg-250kg) should receive half the recommended daily dose. • It is preferable not to mix any calcium supplement into wet bran mixtures.