Advantage Dog (25+kg) 6 pack - Blue
Advantage - For the treatment and prevention of fleas (Ctenocephalides spp) on dogs, cats, rabbits and ferrets. Larval flea stages are killed in the surroundings of ADVANTAGE® treated pets. Reduces the incidence of Flea Allergy Dermatitis. For the control of lice (Trichodectes canis, Linognathus setosus) on dogs.
Advantage for Dogs
100 g/L IMIDACLOPRID
For the treatment and prevention of fleas (Ctenocephalides spp) on dogs, cats, rab- bits and ferrets. Larval flea stages are killed in the surroundings of ADVANTAGE® treated pets. Reduces the incidence of Flea Allergy Dermatitis. For the control of lice (Trichodectes canis, Linognathus setosus) on dogs. One application on the skin lasts for a month on dogs and up to a month on cats.
Simply squeeze the contents of the tube onto the skin on the back of your dog's neck. Advantage then spreads over your pet, remaining in the oily layer of the skin, where it is effective against fleas all month long. Best of all, fleas don't have to bite your dog to be affected, so with Advantage your pet suffers less of those painful flea bites.
The top 3 benefits of Advantage
1) Fastest relief from painful bites
Stops fleas biting in 3-5 minutes
Advantage is the only topical to kill exclusively on contact, not on bite
2) Prevents development of further fleas
- Kills 98%-100% of fleas before they lay eggs
- Prevents infestation if your treated pet comes into contact with other pets with fleas
- Kills adult fleas and flea larvae within 20 minutes of contact
3) Long-lasting and easy to use
- Drop Advantage on the back of your pet to protect them from fleas for 1 month
DIRECTIONS FOR USE: For external application only
For very large dogs over 50 kg, apply 2 tubes of ADVANTAGE® for Dogs over 25 kg (blue) using one tube between the shoulder blades and one tube on the midline of the back between the hips.
1. Remove required tube(s) from the package.
2. Hold tube upright and pull off the cap.
3. Reverse the cap and push cap back on tube.
4. Twist cap to break seal, then remove cap from tube.
5. Site of Application
6. The animal should be standing for easy application. Part the hair until the skin is visible. Place the tip of the tube on the skin and squeeze the tube firmly twice to apply the solution directly on the skin. Avoid pet’s eyes or mouth. If licked by cats, signs of distaste may be observed due to the bitter taste.
7. Record treatment date and repeat monthly or as required. ADVANTAGE® remains efficacious following shampoo treatment, swimming or exposure to rain. Avoid applying the product while the animal is wet.
ADVANTAGE® has been shown to kill adult and larval fleas within 20 minutes of contact by absorption via the flea intersegmental membranes. Stops fleas from feeding in 3–5 minutes. Fleas are not required to bite the animal to receive a lethal dose.
The successive feeding activity of fleas on pets may elicit a hypersensitivity skin disorder known as flea allergy dermatitis (FAD). Treatment of pets with ADVANTAGE® rapidly kills fleas and reduces the incidence of this condition.
ADVANTAGE® is safe for use on pregnant and lactating animals. It is not necessary to treat unweaned puppies and kittens as treatment of the mother protects the litter while in contact. Treat the mother until weaning, then treat individual puppies and kittens.
ADVANTAGE® may be used at the same time as treatment for worms with DRONTAL®/DRONCIT® and with daily or monthly preventive treatment for heartworm. It is recommended that all dogs and cats in the same environment should be protected by ADVANTAGE®.
ADVANTAGE® may be used to prevent infestation in flea-free animals taken temporarily to known flea infested environments. Apply a single dose before moving to the infested environment.
ADVANTAGE® may be used as the only product for flea control as it breaks the life cycle and kills fleas emerging from the environment to reinfest the cat/ dog. More rapid resolution of heavy environmental infestations may be obtained by additional environmental control measures using a suitable regis- tered product. If re-treatment becomes necessary earlier than 4 weeks do not re-treat more than once weekly.
Re-treatment of rabbits and ferrets may be necessary when flea infestation is heavy. Warning: Take care when treating ferrets to administer the correct dose. Safety data on overdosing is not available.
ADVANTAGE® has no strong chemical smell. The liquid vehicle in ADVANTAGE® may discolour or damage certain surfaces and fabrics, e.g., polished floorboards, leather. Exclude the animal from contact with such surfaces until the product dries on the animal’s coat.
NOT TO BE USED FOR ANY PURPOSE, OR IN ANY MANNER, CONTRARY TO THIS LABEL UNLESS AUTHORISED UNDER APPROPRIATE LEGISLATION.
SAFETY DIRECTIONS Harmful if inhaled or swallowed. Will irritate the eyes. Avoid contact with eyes. Do not inhale vapour. If product in eyes, wash it out immediately with water. Wash hands after use.
FIRST AID If poisoning occurs, contact a doctor or Poisons Information Centre. Phone 131126.
Dispose of used tubes and packaging by wrapping in paper and placing in garbage.
Store below 30 °C (Room Temperature).
Warranty: Purchaser assumes all risk of use and handling where the product is not used in accordance with directions given.