Septicide Cream 100g
Septicide is an antiseptic cream to prevent infection of wounds and assist wound healing:
* For use on dogs and horses
* Kills and repels flies and nuisance insects to protect wounds and skin from damage
* Easy to use cream formula
Septicide cream is easy to apply and adheres well to all areas including awkward surfaces like the head and ears. Septicise should be applied in a thick layer to the affected area. The bright yellow colouring of SEPTICIDE® cream makes it easy to see which areas have been treated.
WHY CHOOSE SEPTICIDE®?
1. Promotes wound healing and prevents infection SEPTICIDE® contains the antiseptic proflavin hemisulfate that assists in wound healing and prevents the development of infection. The antiseptic formulation helps the wound to heal and prevents infection from establishing in the wound. The cream formulation stops the wound from drying out creating optimum conditions for wound healing. SEPTICIDE® can be safely applied to all forms of minor wounds on dogs particularly those prone to irritation by insects eg. dogs’ ears.
2. Kills flies and nuisance insects The active ingredients in SEPTICIDE® are highly effective insecticidal compounds. The insecticide permethrin is one of the most effective insecticides available to kill insects landing on treated areas and to protect the wound from flystrike or other insect related damage. N Octyl Bicycloheptene Dicarboximide when combined with permethrin acts synergistically to prolong and intensify insecticidal activity.
3. Repels flies and other nuisance insects Diethyltoluamide, DEET, contained in SEPTICIDE is regarded as one of the most effective insect repelling compounds available. DEET acts by creating a shield of repellent vapour as it evaporates. This shield confuses insects so they can’t locate the animal to land on. N Octyl Bicycloheptane Dicarboximide is a synergist with DEET which assists DEET in working more effectively by prolonging it’s action and intensifying it’s repellent properties.
4. Versatile easy to use cream formula Presented in a cream preparation, SEPTICIDE® is ideal for preventing wounds drying out providing optimum conditions forwound healing. The cream form also makes it easy to apply to difficult areas such as the head and ears particularly on nervous or skittish animals. SEPTICIDE® is registered for use on both dogs and horses. This multi-species use means that it is a handy first aid product to have on hand in a wide variety of situations. When to use Septicide
WHEN TO USE SEPTICIDE®
1. As emergency first aid for minor wounds SEPTICIDE® can be quickly and easily applied to a wide range of minor scratches, cuts, abrasions and other injuries.
2. To protect wounds from insect damage Flies and other insects are attracted by the moist nature of injuries and wounds. These insects can cause anything from mild irritation to delayed wound healing and myiasis. Insects biting or burrowing into wounds can cause wounds to become damaged beyond their original severity, as well as providing a source of infection and contamination. Additionally the irritation and annoyance caused by insects around wounds can lead to animals causing further harm to themselves in trying to avoid the insects. SEPTICIDE® contains both a powerful insecticide and a repellent that will assist in deterring any insects that may land on the treated area and killing those that do.
3. To protect wounds from infection The antiseptic compound Proflavin hemisulfate helps to prevent infection from establishing in wounds. In conjunction with the cream formula of SEPTICIDE® this provides optimum conditions for wound healing. If infection is allowed to establish in a wound this can delay healing and lead to more severe or additional problems such as scarring and proud flesh.
4. To prevent insect related injuries Sensitive areas particularly around the ears and eyes can be prone to injury by insects. Flies and midges can aggravate and delay wound healing, turning these areas into open inflamed sores eg. dogs ears. Additionally animals attempting to avoid annoyance by insects can harm themselves by biting or banging areas irritated by insects. Applying SEPTICIDE® to these sensitive areas can assist in protecting animals from fly worry and therefore prevent injuries caused by insects.
• Septicide may be applied to all minor wounds, cuts and scrapes on dogs and horses.
• Excellent for application to areas that are prone to irritation due to insect bits (eg. ears).
RECOMMENDED FOR USE IN
• Minor wounds on dogs and horses.
• Protection of areas sensitive to irritation and injury by insects.
• To help prevent fly strike and other insect related problems in open wounds.
• To provide the benefits of a moist environment, beneficial for wound healing.
PRECAUTION If symptoms persists the advice of veterinarian should be sought. Do NOT apply SEPTICIDE® to cats
Septicide Cream Contains
| N Octyl Bicycloheptane Dicarboximide