PAW Sensitive Skin Conditioner - 200ml
PAW Sensitive Skin Conditioner is developed by vets specifically for dogs with fragile skin. The nourishing and nurturing formula, deeply moisturises the coat and skin to maintain skin health.
PAW Sensitive Skin Conditioner
PAW Sensitive Skin Conditioner intensively nourishes and moisturises the skin, strengthens & detangles the coat, making for a soft silky smooth coat. It uses pawDerm® technology that combines:
• Rich moisturising ingredients to maintain skin health.
• Smoothing conditioners & detanglers for a healthy, easily groomed coat.
• Natural essential oils of avocado & jojoba providing key skin nutrients and a fresh scent.
For best results use PAW Sensitive Skin Conditioner after using PAW Sensitive Skin Shampoo.
Dogs have different skin and hair to people, requiring different products to keep them looking great and their coat and skin healthy.
• Most human products are too acidic for your dog’s skin. Using a shampoo, conditioner or soap product formulated for humans may result in the natural oils being stripped from the skin leaving the coat and skin dry and dull.
• When choosing grooming products for dogs, particularly those with sensitive & puppy skin, it is also important to use a conditioner or conditioning spray as well as a sulphate free cleanser.
• PAW sulphate free cleansers minimise the loss of natural oils, while using a rich nourishing conditioner helps to replenish and hydrate the skin. This is important to maintain skin health and avoid dry, itchy skin.
• Some breeds, such as terriers and retrievers, can be prone to dry, itchy skin, so using a nourishing conditioner is crucial to keeping the skin hydrated, allowing it to function correctly.
• All Pure Animal Wellbeing products are recommended by vets and developed in consultation with animal dermatologists to be naturally gentle and moisturising to help maintain skin health.
aqua (purified Australian water*) *BP 2000 standard, behentrimonium methosulfate (from rapeseed), cetearyl alcohol (botanical source), glycerin (vegetable), Persea Gratissima (avocado) oil, Simmondsis Chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, Benzyl alcohol & Dehydroacetic acid, hydroxymethylcellulose, tocopheryl acetate, lactic acid, Pogostermon Cablin (Patchouli) oil, Santalum Spicatum (Sandalwood) Oil, Rose Flower Oil.
PAW Sensitive Skin Conditioner can be applied to a wet coat after washing. It should be applied to several areas along the body, massaged onto the skin and left for 5 minutes. It should then be lightly rinsed off.
Use with dogs that have sensitive, fragile skin, particularly breeds who are pre-disposed to skin issues, such as terriers and retrievers.
What caused my dog to react to its old dog shampoo and conditioner?
Two of the major causes of skin reactions to topical shampoos are harsh surfactant ingredients (cleaning agents) and artificial (synthetic) fragrances. They can result in skin irritation, drying, dandruff, itchiness and even hair loss.
Sulphates are the most commonly used surfactant (cleaning agent) in human and animal products as they are effective cleansers and very low cost. However they are also strong irritants. The two primary sulphate surfactants used in most products are Sodium Lauryl Sulphate (SLS) and its ethoxylated equivalent Sodium Lauryl Ether Sulphate (SLES). Both cleansers are made by “sulphating” palm oil. Pure Animal Wellbeing recommends avoiding products containing SLS and SLES because of the irritancy and the presence of “objectionable trace impurities”. SLS has also been shown to cause the skin to become more sensitive to other ingredients and irritants.
Artificial (synthetic) fragrances are another major cause of irritation to the skin. Pure Animal Wellbeing only uses 100% Botanical fragrances (certified organic where possible) and essential oils to provide skin friendly, natural fresh scents pleasing to dogs and humans alike.