Fibrebeet - 20kg
British Horse Feeds
Fibre-Beet is a carefully formulated combination of Speed-Beet, alfalfa and oat fibre supplemented with biotin, sodium and calcium.
You've got all the benefits of Speedi-Beet with its high level of easily digested soluble fibre for slow energy release along with low starch and sugar. The alfalfa provides quality protein containing essential amino acids for muscle tone and function and the oat fibre provides a complementary nutrient profile. Fibre-Beet is designed to be fed wet which is the most natural way to feed your horse.
So when should I feed Fibre-Beet?…..
to replace forage - If you've got a shortage of good quality forage, Fibre-Beet is the answer. Fibre-Beet can be fed at up to 1kg dry product per 100kg body weight, fed throughout the course of the day. Due to its unique formulation, when broken down in the horse's gut it produces the same proportion of beneficial volatile fatty acids as good quality grass, but with lower levels of lactic acid. So it's good for horses and ponies prone to laminitis and is Laminitis Trust approved.
for top line - Fibre-Beet can be fed in larger quantities than Speedi-Beet and so is a superb conditioning feed, reducing the need for high levels of starchy concentrate. In fact if your horse is in light work you can feed Fibre-Beet (plus a mineral/vitamin supplement) and good quality forage alone.
for veterans - Designed to be fed wet, it's the perfect soft feed for older horses with poor teeth and helps put condition on them too!
What Makes Fibre-Beet so Great?
• Quick and convenient - soaks in 45 minutes in cold water or 15 minutes in hot water
• High fibre feed promoting natural feeding, which helps to maintain a favourable gut microbial population, so reducing the risk of conditions such as colic
• Great source of soluble fibre for optimum slow energy release
• Improved nutrient availability due to the unique production process
• Low in starch and sugar so a perfect fibre source for horses and ponies prone to laminitis
• Ideal soft feed for recovering or veteran horses and ponies with poor teeth
• Added biotin for the structural integrity of hooves
• Fussy eaters love the slightly caramelised taste
• The beet fibre in Fibre-Beet has a prebiotic effect so stimulates the growth of the "good" gut bacteria improving the digestibility of the whole ration
• Non-GM and no additives or preservatives for your peace of mind
• Good source of organic calcium for bone strength
• Rapid rehydration for endurance and performance horses
How to Prepare Fibrebeet
Preparing Fibre-Beet couldn't be easier. Simply mix 3 parts of water to 1 part of Fibre-Beet by weight. That's about 1½ parts of water to 1 part of Fibre-Beet by volume.
Leave to soak for 45 minutes using cold water or 15 minutes using hot water (fantastic in the winter to warm your horse!). Once Fibre-Beet has been soaked it can be fed straight away or it can be stored in a cool environment for up to 24 hours, enabling you to prepare in advance if you wish.
All new feeds should be introduced gradually.
What's in Fibre-Beet
Fibre-Beet has high levels of soluble fibre relative to grass sources and because of this, is more completely fermented providing a greater energy yield. Research shows that mixing beet fibre (containing pectins and hemicellulose) with alfalfa or hay (cellulose) improves the overall digestibility of the alfalfa. Fibre-Beet contains both Speedi-Beet and alfalfa.
DAILY FEEDING GUIDE
|Light Exercise - Daily Feed Intake (kg)|
|Light to Medium Exercise - Daily Feed Intake (kg)|
|Medium to Hard Exercise - Daily Feed Intake (kg)|
* Weight before soaking i.e. dry weight
Feed levels quoted are for guidance only. These levels are the daily allowance, which should be split between at least two feeds. If feeding Fibre-Beet in larger quantities as a forage replacer, it should be available throughout the day.
|TYPICAL ANALYSIS (Fresh weight basis before soaking)||% Unless Indicated|
|Oil (B) Acid Hydrolysis||3.0|
|Energy DE mj/kg||11.0|
|Minerals||% Unless Indicated|
|Amino Acids||% Unless Indicated|